I love traveling, photography, and cute things, and WordPress is really good at picking up the patterns of things you like and suggesting relevant blogs for you. That’s how I stumbled upon a blog called Indonesia in my pocket by Andine, and of course, it’s an instant love.
Now, about Liebster Award. This award aims to introduce blogs to the blogosphere, and I honestly think this is a great idea. The only thing is, this award requires you to state 7 things about you, and while I mostly write about things in my daily life in my blog, I’ve never blatantly listed little things about me as a post because I always think that nobody’s interested enough to read such things.
A few weeks ago, I got a nomination for this award from Andine (you can read her post about it here), and I’m beyond flattered that my favorite blogger nominated me for this (thanks Andine!). There’s a set of rules — like posting the logo, stating the rules, etc. — that I’m gonna ignore (I know, I’m such a bad blogger). There are only a few things that I’m following, and here’s 7 things about me and traveling (because that’s what this blog is about, mostly).
1. I prefer to travel alone. I can compromise for most things in life, but for traveling, it’s hard for me to do so (with the limited time, budget, and energy, I want to make sure I get the most of it). Traveling with someone often makes me feel bad because I’m afraid of holding them up (I stop waaay too many times to take pictures), or I could get irritated when the group decide something I don’t want to, but have to follow for the sake of sticking together. So traveling alone it is.
2. Journeys are my best time to write. Most of my favorite pieces were written when I was on the train, bus, or plane. This is another reason for solo travel: my brain works best in solitude.
3. I love bright things. Walls, doors, you name it.
4. Also, I love people watching. That’s how I come up with something fictional.
5. I’m not a fan of selfie stick. I don’t have it, and probably will never do.
6. As a result of growing up in an isolated coastal town, I have a very high standard for beaches. Most beaches don’t make it to my list, so I never really attempt to visit the beach when I go somewhere unless it has white sand and clear water, and not packed with a million people.
The kind of beach I had while growing up, which ruins other regular beaches.
7. I love getting lost.
I wouldn’t have found this hidden beauty if I hadn’t been lost.
I’m not nominating anyone for this award, and hopefully I won’t get cursed for ignoring a bunch of rules. Thanks again for nominating me, Andine! :)