…or, as people here would say, ‘autumn favourites.’
Somewhere between the end of August and early September, the weather changed drastically. I remember feeling the intense heat for 3 days, and I thought my sundresses and shorts could stay a little bit longer before they went into the vacuum bag, to be stored for the next 6 months. In those humid and hot days, people here were ranting, “Enough with this heat! It’s too much. Give me cold autumn days, I want my pumpkin spice latte.” And I was thinking, ‘What? No. NO. I want this hot weather to stay longer, as long as possible.’ But at the end of those blissful 3 days, the temperature plummeted overnight, and I woke up the next day to a crisp, cold morning.
The meteorological autumn started on the first of this month, and I could really feel the cold creeping in my bones since then. Today, the 22nd of September, marks the start of the astronomical autumn (confused yet?). I’ve taken out my fluffy slippers, started turning on the heating at night and wearing my warm clothes. And as much as I’m missing those summer days, I have my own favorite things about fall, which makes these cold days more bearable (that being said, I still fear for my wellbeing during the winter. Such a tropical kid).
So here are some of my favorite things about fall:
- Snuggling in bed with a cozy sweater, hot tea, and a book
- Hot apple cider
- Bonfire night
- The fall foliage, with the shades of red, orange, yellow, and brown
- The sound of dry leaves crushing under my boots (it’s oddly satisfying)
- Misty mornings and crisp air
- Watching Gilmore Girls and getting all the feels – of course, I could watch it any time of the year, but Gilmore Girls has such an autumnal vibe that watching it in the fall gets all the emotions intensified (is it just me?)
- A walk in the park – all the color palette and crisp air makes it impossible for me to put my camera down during a walk in this season
- Mulled wine – I’m not sure when is the acceptable time to start drinking mulled wine, but as soon as the temperature drops, I’m all in
- Christmas shopping – probably one of my favorite things to do in the world.
One thing for sure, I will take many photos in this season, perhaps more than I did in the last season.