I’ve always been the person who starts the fuss about Christmas way before everyone else does. And although I’ve started decorating Christmas since a week ago, I know for some people you can’t start doing that until December. So now that it’s December, it’s generally acceptable to go a bit overboard with all these Christmas things.
There’s something about Christmas that makes me look forward to it (it usually starts in September, crazy early!). The decorations, the festive atmosphere, and even people look more cheerful around Christmas. I can go on and on about this, but to keep it short, here’s my some of my favorite things about Christmas:
- mulled wine
- Christmas decorations; including tinsels, garlands, wreaths
- Christmas markets
- roasted chestnuts, and the smell of it as you walk along the stalls at the Christmas markets
- hearing Christmas songs practically everywhere
- being with the loved ones
- shopping for presents for the loved ones, and their faces when they open those. Priceless.
- snuggling up while watching Christmas movies (firm favorite: Love Actually, of course)
- displays on the shop windows
- holiday shows at the theater (The Nutcracker remains as my favorite)
- fairy lights
- Christmas carols